Terms of Service
Effective Date: June 17, 2021
Welcome to Sugardoh. These Terms of Service set forth the terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of our website (www.sugardoh.co) and other services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Sugardoh. Please review the following terms carefully. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access or use the Services.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, JURY WAIVER, AND AN AGREEMENT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE THAT MAY ARISE BY ARBITRATION.
The terms “Sugardoh” or “us” or “we” or “our” refer to Sugardoh LLC, the owner of the Services. The terms “you” or “your” refer to the user or viewer of the Services.
1. Acceptance of Agreement
You agree to the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). These Terms of Services are the only agreement between us and you and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Services, the content, products or services provided by or through the Services, and the subject matter of these Terms of Service. You must be at least the age of legal majority where you live (which is currently 18 years old in most states) to use our Services, or you must have the permission of your parent or guardian who must agree to these terms on your behalf.
These Terms of Services may be amended at any time by us without specific notice to you. The latest version will be posted on our website, and you should review these Terms of Services prior to using the Services, so you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Services are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Services, except as allowed by these Terms of Services below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content or other materials viewed through the Services. The postings of information or materials on the Services does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the Services is the copyrighted work of third parties.
Sugardoh’s name, logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Sugardoh or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Sugardoh. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Limited License; Permitted Use
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Services strictly in accordance with these Terms of Services. All other rights are reserved.
7. Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
8. Account Creation and Guidelines
- You may need to create an account in order to access and use the Services. In order to create an account, you will be required to provide us with certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and phone number. You agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration information. Your registration must be done using your real name. Each registration is for your personal use only and not on behalf of any other person or entity. We do not permit (i) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (ii) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use.
- You acknowledge and agree that (i) any post or recommendation from your account will be deemed to be a post or recommendation authored or sent by you; (ii) all posts and recommendations should be related to the applicable topic, product, or service and shall not be abusive, obscene, threatening, defamatory, libelous, explicit, or offensive in any way; (iii) all posts will be accurate and truthful; (iv) you will not sell or buy any product or service through the Services that is not intended to be sold or bought through the Services; (v) you will not post information that (A) infringes on the intellectual property of other, (B) is confidential or sensitive, or (C) is illegal or objectionable.
- You authorize Sugardoh, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. Sugardoh reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your account and/or the Services in the event that, in our sole discretion, (a) we are unable to obtain or verify identity or eligibility; (b) the security of your account has been compromised; or (c) your account has been used in, or seems to have been used in, a nefarious manner.
9. Content, Errors, Corrections and Changes
We aim to maintain accuracy throughout the Services, but we do not represent or warrant that the Services will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Services will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable or appropriate for your use. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Services at any time.
We do not routinely screen or monitor the Services, but we reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any information or Content appearing on the Services, but we do not have the obligation to do so.
10. Third-Party Content
The products, content, and services from third parties that appear throughout the Services are the products, content, and services of those third parties. Sugardoh does not endorse, support, represent, or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or quality of these products, content, or services. If you access any third party’s website, service, or content, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Sugardoh has no liability arising from your use or access to such third party’s website, service, product, or content.
Other third-party content may appear on the Services or may be accessible via links from the Services. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on the Services. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
11. Unlawful Activity
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of the Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers or information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, products and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of these Terms of Service or use of the Services.
Your right to use the Services is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information is not transferable or assignable.
The information and Content from or through the Services are provided “as-is,” “as available,” with “all faults”, and warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. We and our Affiliated Parties have no liability whatsoever for your use of any information or services, except as provided in Section 15(b). No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the Services or otherwise shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in these Terms of Services.
15. Limitation of Liability
- We and any Affiliated Party are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The aggregate liability of us and any Affiliated Party in connection with any claim arising out of or relating to the Services and/or the Content provided herein or hereby shall not exceed $100 and that amount shall be in lieu of all other remedies which you may have against us and any Affiliated Party.
- The negation and limitation of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between us and you. The Services and the Content presented would not be provided without such limitations.
16. Use of Information
If any provision of these Terms of Services is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decision, the remainder of these Terms of Services will remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
18. Legal Compliance
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Services and the Content provided therein.
19. Force Majeure
Sugardoh will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation herein if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events that are beyond Sugardoh’s reasonable control, such as strikes, blockades, war, terrorism, riots, natural disasters, epidemics or pandemics, or governmental action, in so far as such an event prevents or delays Sugardoh in fulfilling its obligations hereunder.
20. ARBITRATION, JURY WAIVER, AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Please read the following ARBITRATION AGREEMENT carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Sugardoh and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from Sugardoh.
- General. The parties shall attempt in good faith to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service promptly by negotiation between individuals who have authority to settle the controversy. If good faith negotiations do not lead to an amicable resolution within thirty (30) business days of commencing negotiations, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service, or the breach thereof, shall be determined by arbitration administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in accordance with its International Arbitration Rules. The tribunal will consist of one arbitrator. The arbitration will take place in the city and country where Sugardoh’s headquarters is located. If this location is not feasible, the arbitration shall occur in a location of Sugardoh’s choosing. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings will be English. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND SUGARDOH WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR JURY. You and Sugardoh are instead choosing to have claims and disputes resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In any litigation between you and Sugardoh over whether to vacate or enforce an arbitration award, YOU AND SUGARDOH WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, and elect instead to have the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. YOU AND SUGARDOH AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. If, however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor Sugardoh is entitled to arbitration, and all claims and disputes will be resolved pursuant to Section 20(e).
Opt-out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Section by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: 1006 Salem Lane, Austin, Texas 78753, postmarked within thirty (30) calendar days of first accepting these Terms of Service. You must include (i) your name and residence address, (ii) the email address and/or telephone number associated with your account, and (iii) a clear statement that you want to opt out of these Terms of Service’s arbitration provisions.
- Exclusive Venue. If you send the opt-out notice in Section 21(d), and/or in any circumstances where the foregoing arbitration agreement permits either you or Sugardoh to litigate any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service in court, then the foregoing arbitration agreement will not apply to either party, and both you and Sugardoh agree that any judicial proceeding will be brought in the state or federal courts located in Texas.
- Governing Law. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to conflicts or choice of law rules or principles.
- Survival. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Sugardoh.
21. SMS/MMS Mobile message Marketing Program Terms and Conditions
User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply.
User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Duty to Notify and Indemnify: If at any time you intend to stop using the mobile telephone number that has been used to subscribe to the Program, including canceling your service plan or selling or transferring the phone number to another party, you agree that you will complete the User Opt Out process set forth above prior to ending your use of the mobile telephone number. You understand and agree that your agreement to do so is a material part of these terms and conditions. You further agree that, if you discontinue the use of your mobile telephone number without notifying Us of such change, you agree that you will be responsible for all costs (including attorneys’ fees) and liabilities incurred by Us, or any party that assists in the delivery of the mobile messages, as a result of claims brought by individual(s) who are later assigned that mobile telephone number. This duty and agreement shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO NOTIFY US OF A CHANGE IN THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY UNDER THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq., OR SIMILAR STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, AND ANY REGULATIONS PROMULGATED THEREUNDER RESULTING FROM US ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT YOU AT THE MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDED.
Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing and sale of digital and physical products, services, and events.
Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at email@example.com. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.